It all began in 1890.…When Septimus Jennings started repairing bicycles as a hobby in his garden shed in Morpeth, Northumberland.
That hobby soon became a full-time occupation for Septimus when he bought his first business premises and started selling bicycles and motor cars.
In 1912 the company was registered with Companies House and five years later, the business became one of the first main Ford dealers in the country to be appointed by Ford Motor Company.
Over the years we have successfully grown with generations of the same family coming to Jennings for their motoring needs.
Awards We have also been the recipient of Ford’s most outstanding award for exceeding in customer satisfaction on 15 occasions.
A management buyout from the third generation of the Jennings family took place in the early 90s and in 2005 the most significant buyout involving Jennings Ford’s current managing director, Nas Khan, occurred.
Continued investment and growth has resulted in the company becoming a multi-franchise group. In addition to Ford, we also operate Mazda, SEAT and Kia franchises across the North East region.
- Centenary celebration – North East's oldest Motor Group celebrates 100 years in business
- All-new Ford B-MAX, all-new Ford Ranger, all-new Transit Custom and Focus ST is launched
- Ford's UK designed new 1.0-litre EcoBoost is named 'International Engine of the Year'
- SEAT launches the all-new Mii city car model
- Mazda launches special edition Venture models to enhance the Mazda2, Mazda6 and MX-5 line-up
- The Group's Managing director, Nas Khan, announces that fundraising for 'The Emaan Foundation', a charity he set up to help flood-stricken victims in Pakistan, has topped the £100K mark
- The Ford Fiesta wins Best Supermini in What Car? Awards
- Kia launches all-new Rio, Picanto, cee'd and Optima models
- Jennings Kia sponsors Washington Football Club's Under 14's Lionesses by supplying a set of new football strips
- The Group's Deals on Wheels operation relocates to larger premises in South Shields
- Group launches new Kia franchise in Washington
- Jennings Ford and Mazda Service department at Washington expands to cater for Kia customers
- The all-new Ford Focus is launched with a class-leading range of advanced technologies including Low Speed Safety System, Active Park Assist, Lane Keeping Aid and Torque Vectoring Control, in addition to fuel efficient, low C02 powertrains including a new 1.6-litre Ford EcoBoost petrol engine and updated 1.6 and 2.0-litre Duratorq TDCi diesel engines
- Ford Focus and Fiesta scoop honours at Auto-Express New Car Awards
- The new Ford C-MAX and Grand Ford C-MAX models are launched by Ford
- Nas Khan, the group's managing director launches his own charity, 'The Emaan Foundation' charity with the aim to raise £120,000 to build a new village in Pakistan, following the floods in July
- Jennings Ford branches support the BEN charity - the automotive industry charity which provides care and support to employees and their dependants in time of need
- Service department at Jennings Ford Direct wins Ford's prestigious Chairman's Award for outstanding customer service – the Group wins the award for the 14th time over the past 17 years
- Mazda MX-5 celebrates 20th Anniversary
- Jennings Ford sponsors Stockton Town FC by kitting the team out in new football strips
- Ford's ECOnetic range consisting of the Focus 1.6-litre TDCi engine and the ECOnetic Mondeo 1.8 TDCi, is further complemented following the launch of the Fiesta ECOnetic model
- The 12-year-old Ford Ka is replaced with an all-new model which comes with improved quality and excellent economy. The all-new Ford Ka makes its debut in the James Bond Movie, 'Quantum of Solace' starring Daniel Craig
- The 6th generation of Ford's best-selling supermini, the stylish and exciting all-new Ford Fiesta, is launched
- Jennings Motor Group launches a new Accident Assist Programme, offering a round the clock peace of mind motoring service to customers
- The service department at the Group's Yarm Road dealership receives Ford's prestigious Chairman's Award for exceeding in customer service
- Construction work begins on the new Sunderland based multi-franchise supersite. On completion, the supersite will house a Ford dealership, a Ford Commercial Sales Centre, a range of Ford Direct vehicles, in addition to a Mazda franchise
- Jennings, now the region's largest, independent motor dealer undergoes some of the most important changes in its history. Group chairman, Alan Bentley, stands down to let his team of directors take over the reigns. Nas Khan who has been group sales director for the past 13 years, becomes Group managing director
- Middlesbrough becomes a multi-franchise site, following the launch of Jennings SEAT and Subaru. The 7-acre site at Middlesbrough now houses Ford, Mazda, SEAT and Subaru marques
- A new Commercial Sales Centre showroom is built on the Middlesbrough supersite. The first non-Ford franchise in the history of the Jennings Group is launched following the opening of Jennings Mazda in Washington. Mazda launches the all-new Mazda RX-8 model and the Ford Street Ka is launched
- The split site Ford dealership in Durham moves its entire operation to one site at Carville High Street, bringing sales, service, parts, bodyshop and Rapidfit under one roof. The Ford Fusion is launched
- Ford adds a new facility for customers following the introduction of Ford Rental which opens at the Group's Middlesbrough dealership. The all-new Maverick model is launched by Ford
- Jennings purchases a split site in Durham and the new state-of-the-art supersite in Middlesbrough opens its doors
- Jennings is awarded Middlesbrough area and work starts on site for a new state-of-the-art supersite. The Ford Focus is awarded 'European Car of the Year' award, in addition to being the best selling vehicle in its class
- Jennings Ford is awarded Ford's most prestigious award, 'The Chairman's Award' for exceeding in customer satisfaction. Ford celebrates 21 years as the nation's favourite
- Jennings purchases the Gateshead dealership at the same time as the new generation Fiesta and the introduction of the Ford Ka and revised Mondeo model is launched
- Jennings purchases the South Shields dealership as Ford retains market leadership for 19th year in succession. Ford Escort, Fiesta and Mondeo hold the top 3 places in the UK's best sellers list. Employee, Nicky Dalkin is promoted to After Sales Director
- Jennings purchases the Stockton dealership and the Ford Escort Cabriolet, the first Ford convertible in Europe for 20 years, goes on sale. The Ford Fiesta, Orion and Escort 1.6 diesel models are introduced
- Jennings becomes one of the first main Ford dealers appointed to sell Ford cars in the UK
- S Jennings Ltd registers with Companies House
- Septimus Jennings purchases 55 Bridge Street in Morpeth and starts selling bicycles and the new mode of transport – the motor car. A total of 6 people are employed
- When it all began…….Septimus Jennings starts repairing bicycles as a hobby in his garden shed